Friday, August 22, 2008

ABS releases New Murray-Darling River Basin statistics

At the moment, there is much discussion in Eastern Australia on the parlous state of the Murray-Darling River system focused on the lakes at the mouth of the Murray.

I don't know about you, but I like to check things. I just don't trust some of the discussion.

One of the difficulties has been the absence of data for the river basin as a whole. Here the Australian Bureau of Statistics has just released a new publication providing a statistical snapshot of the basin as a whole.

I have only browsed the data, but it provides an interesting perspective on the system as a whole.

For an entry point providing consolidated access to some of my ABS posts see The Australian Bureau of Statistics - a real national resource.

No comments: